At The Family Garden we celebrate you and your little ones, and we recognize how important it is for you to take the time to learn, socialize and care for yourself. That is where our childcare program comes in!
We offer free child care in our beautifully equipped child care room during most classes and programs. Not every class has child care available, so please double check the listing to verify availability. We recommend you come a little early to sign your child in and get them settled. Child care is first come, first served so for some of the busier classes there is always a chance that our child care room will have reached capacity and we will not be able to accommodate your child.
When utilizing child care at The Family Garden, please respect the following policies:
- We accept children from 4 weeks to 4 years of age.
- Childcare is not offered during every class or activity and space is limited. It is first come, first served, so we recommend coming in early to secure a spot for your child.
- One parent or guardian must remain on the premises at all times while your child is in our care.
- You must sign your child in when you arrive and sign them out when you leave. A log sheet, pen and clock are always located by the door in the childcare room. We only release children to a parent or guardian.
- Limit of 2 children per parent or family, per class.
- Fill out and sign the Information Form & Childcare Release below before leaving your child with us for the first time. We will keep this form on file.
- Please bring any items that your child may require such as diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, bottles, sippy cups, special toys, etc. (labeled please!)
- Bring your child/children in with full tummies and dry diapers. Because we are not a full-service childcare facility, we do not change diapers, administer medication, or feed your child while they are in our care.
- No food or snacks in the childcare room! (think of allergies and spills)
- Please put your children’s shoes and belongings in the cubbies in the childcare room when you arrive.
- Do not bring your child if they are sick or have been exposed to any contagious or extreme illnesses.
- Do not bring your child during nap time.
- You may drop your child off 10 minutes before class. Please pickup your children within 15 minutes of class ending. The maximum length of time your child can be cared for is 3 hours.
- We want your experience to be worry free and will do our best to keep your child happy; however, if your child is engaging in inappropriate behavior, inconsolable, hungry or has a dirty diaper we will come and get you.
- Childcare providers are background checked, CPR/First Aid trained and have childcare experience.
- Childcare at The Family Garden is offered free of charge for your convenience, and we may refuse care for your child for any reason.